Saturday, June 4, 2011

CoverGirl Lash Perfection Mascara

Product: CoverGirl Lash Perfection Mascara

Shade: Very black

Price: $7.99 at Walgreens

Description as stated on Website: 
**Not on Covergirl website yet. Got it off drugstore.com***
Volumizing mascara that individually wraps each lash for perfectly plumped lashes that resist clumping.

Our innovative brush surrounds each lash with our amazing conditioning formula so each lash is individualized and volumized! Hypoallergenic. Removes easily with soap and water. Ophthalmologically tested.

My thoughts: I LOVE this mascara! I have been trying to find a mascara that BOTH gives volume and length. The only one that I found was Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion, but I didn’t really like it, because it didn’t give me enough length as I wanted and it wasn’t dark enough.

I currently use L’Oreal Voluminous in carbon black. I LOVE the dark black color, the volume is great but the length isn’t really there.

Then I found this at Walgreens. It’s not supposed to be released yet, but Walgreen’s seems to be the only place that already carries it.

Anyway, regardless of the mascara I use, I ALWAYS get my lash comb and brush it through my lashes to give it more oomph and separation. It also gets rid of the clumps.

When I put this mascara on...the length is AMAZING! The volume is good too. The very black color is very black. Very close to L’Oreal carbon black.

The brush is also fabulous!!! It is big enough to the job done, but small enough to also get the smallest lashes and your bottom lashes bathed in the fabulous formula. Since the brush is unique, I didn’t have to use my lash comb! That has NEVER happened.

Upon removal (I use baby oil...great way to remove eye makeup of any kind. It also conditions your lashes to help prevent fallout and a cheaper alternative to the crazy eye makeup removers), I noticed less fallout than my L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black.

This is a keeper! HG status.

GO AND GET THIS NOW!!!


5 comments:

  1. I wear it from 8am to 11pm and it lasts all day. No flaking, clumping or loss of definition, length or curl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-girl (formerly Administrator)August 5, 2011 at 9:57 PM

    Just catching up on your blog after a few hectic months. Love all of your reviews. Keep up the good work. I do want to try this mascara. I haven't used drugstore mascara in years, not that I enjoy paying the higher prices for department store brands. It's just that I have hooded eyes and when I open my eyes, my eyelashes instantly hit the hoods of my eyes (hope this makes sense). Anywho, natural oils on my eyelids make the drugstore mascara rub off on my eyelids and I constantly have to wipe my lids throughout the day to keep them clean of mascara. And what I notice with the pricier brands is that the formulation prevents this from happening. But like I said, I really don't want to pay the extra money for something that I don't use everyday and have to toss out every couple of months. So that leads to my question, do you notice the mascara sticking to the corners of your eyes throughout the day, since I assume you wouldn't have the same problems as me with it sticking to the eyelids?

    Sorry for the long post and I'm glad you now enabled the option for anyone to post comments here. From now on, I will post as A-girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you live in a humid area, though? I do, so do you think that would make the mascara flake more? I have terrible trouble with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A-girl: Thank you.

    I have oily eyelids and i havent had a problem with the mascara sticking to the corners of my eyes.

    Caitlin: Yes i do live in a humid area. I havent experienced any flaking.


    Remember that this mascara isnt for the night time, if you are going for that over the top-club look. Its between day and night. A little extra oomph to give you length and volume during the day. You can use it at night too, without being dramatic. IF you are looking for the Club look or dramatic look, go with Loreal Voluminous carbon black. NOTHING beats that...even the high end ones.

    ReplyDelete