Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Clarisonic Update: 16 Days Later

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of posts.

I wanted to give you all an update on using the Calrisonic.

I have been using the Clarisonic for 16 days now, twice day (morning and night).

I have gotten so many compliments from family, friends and even strangers, on how good and radiant my skin looks.

My acne scars that would not go away for over 2 years are almost completely gone! About 20% left. Otherwise, my entire skin is clear, free of blemishes and scars.

I also had a few wrinkles on my forehead. they have also dramatically disappeared.

Again, I dont use any fancy cleanser. Just the Wal Mart equivalent of Olay's Regenerist Cream Cleanser. (Side note: I bought Olay's, Equate (Wa-mart) and Up&Up (Target), but like Equate brand much better).

However, it IS pricey ($150 + tax), so I am looking for a good dupe/alternative, which I found and am waiting for it to arrive! Yay!

Of course Ill let you guys know my take on it once it arrives.

Thank you for reading. Please dont forget to comment :)

4 comments:

  1. It is awesome that you are having great results with your MIA. I saw your other post about the Pretika and decided to purchase a MIA instead... I hope it gives me great results too. Looking forward to the Nutrasonic review! Thanks for all the hard work you put into this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii I just want to ask, do you have any acne right now or you just have scars? Would the Clarisonic be helpful/safe for someone with acne? Thanks:) I really like your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvonne!

    I have no acne scars at all or acne.

    The Clarisonic or NutraSonic got rid of my scars. I am actually on acne meds that controlled my acne. Clairsonic didnt help with that though, just the scars.

    The Clarisonic (i actually got a cheaper version which is actually better than the Clarisonic called the NutraSonic. See review: http://nc25makeuphq.blogspot.com/2011/03/nutra-sonic-2-speed-travel-companion-vs.html)

    It is wonderful for people who have acne. Although i have read reviews of people that will break out when they use the Clarisonic or any other similar device, because it purges your skin of impurities and brings them to the surface, which could be a reason, but it should go away after 1-2 weeks.

    The only thing i would caution you about these devices and NOT to use them is if you are using Retin-A or anything similar like Differin. Your skin is very senstive when your using medications like those, which basically peel off one layer of skin over a period of time, and eventually will go deep enough to get rid of your acne and scars, but it takes really long (6 months to a year).

    I was an acne sufferer and I know A LOT about acne products, both OTC and Prescription. I am actually studying to become a Dermatologist, so any questions you may have, I will do my best to answer them.

    Hope that helps.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! That was really helpful :)

    Shouldn't Clarisonic provide the same benefits as Differin/Retin-A, since it exfoliates the skin as well?

    I've tried Differin. While on Differin I continued to breakout/purge for almost a year until I decided it probably isn't going to work. So now I'm kind of scared of retinoid products...

    ReplyDelete