Saturday, March 12, 2016
Well...I think I found my all time favorite and I can't believe I overlooked it! Estée Lauder 'Double Wear' Stay-in-Place Liquid Makeup #2W2 RATTAN. It does not move, has full coverage and is gorgeous!!
I have stopped using liquid foundation for a while now because I couldn't find the right match so I would use MAC StudioFix powder foundation in C3. It's a great match but wears off after 3-4 even with the primer, setting power and setting spray.
I usually use that with my ELF yellow HD powder.
Comment below :)
Thursday, February 4, 2016
NYX Lip Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks
I am a little disappointed with this collection. I was hoping there would be a lot of MLBB shades and lots of pink-browns, but what they putout was these unappealing grey's with dirt browns. Not cute.
Here are the descriptions of the shades I bought below:
- 01 Honeymoon: Graysish purple - similar to Limecrime
- 02 Embelishment: Grayish muave brown
- 04 Ruffle Trim: Brick red with a hint of brown, terra-cotta-esque with less orange, more peach. very wearbale and my favorite.
- 05 Beauty Mark: brown
- 06 Push-Up: nude peach
- 08 Bedtime Flirt: nude peach pink
- 09 Corset : light grayish pink
- 10 Teddy: dark brown/bark
- 12 Exotic: red brown. gorgeous color, very wearable. my other favorite color.
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Monday, July 20, 2015
I know I haven't posted for 2 years, but I will do my best to come on here more often.
As you may or may not have known,I was incorrectly told I had yellow undertones; I am actually olive...Light olive to be exact.
Most people think that if you are olive you are automatically Mediterranean and Medium-dark. That's not the case. You can olive an olive undertones and be light, medium, dark and everything in between. Olive is the UNDERTONE, NOT your SKINTONE.
I still religiously use MAC StudioFIX Powder Foundation in C30. That is my all time favorite and best match. They do NOT have C30 in a liquid, which stinks. I have tried their C4.5, C4 and they are pink and too dark. We will see. I have heard many good things about BECCA Cosmetics but not sure if their shade range is wide enough and Olive friendly enough :)
I have also bought EX1 Cosmetics Liquid foundation in 200. Its a good match, but its not as much coverage (medium, buildable) and I feel like it just sits on my skin and can easily come off. Maybe that is my perception, I dont know.
On a side note, these products below are sooo good, I have to mention them.
- Ulta Lipstick in Sugar & Spice 229 - $8, but usually its on sale for 50% off. I LOOOOOVE this lipstick. Its the perfect MLBB shade. Has good staying power, creamy formula.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lip Color in Nude Nuance - $5.50. Another really good MLBB lipstick. Has good staying power. Very pigmented, matte, formula.
- Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder - $3.99. This powder is my HG. It works so well, keeps my makeup on and my face matte for hours. Very good quality. Its basically your HD powder, but in a compact so its not messy! I loooove this.
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Been really busy with work and life.
I hope everyone had a good holiday.
So, I found I am actually olive toned and NOT yellow.
I have a tinge of green in me, which is why it is next to impossible to find a shade that matches me well.No drugstore carries foundation for olive skin tone (if you know of any, please comment below. i would LOVE to know). Also, the Sephora lady literally went through the entire store to match me with something, anything....no luck.Therefore, nothing in Sephora matches me, because again, no olive skin tone is carried.
However, I found the perfect foundation that matches!!!
Joppa Minerals in Light #3, Full Coverage. Its actually full coverage and not a gimmick. I don't even need to use concealer.
Anyway, comment below and give me your thoughts on what you want to see in 2013.
*Note* I'm going to change the security for commenting, because I have been getting a lot of spam.Sorry folks. Thanks again for visiting :)
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
This is heaven!
Works exactly like Smashbox Photo Finish Blend Color Correcting Foundation Primer, but instead of paying $38 for it, I paid only $1 at my own local Dollar Store (note: NOT Dollar Tree).
I use this in place of my regular, clear primer.
Order: wash face, moisturize, sunscreen, primer.
Because of this, I use about half as much foundation than I use with a clear primer. The peach color corrects any marks such as acne marks, hyperpigmentation, etc.
And...my makeup stays on longer!
Check it out!